Oriental Beauty Tea
By Tea 101
Oriental Beauty Tea or Dongfang Meiren Tea is truly a wonder product of nature. It is with the help of a small insect that helps the tea oxidation process to kickstart right when the leaves are still tea buds (white or golden-tipped leaves) sitting at the top of their bushes. This insect intervention creates a sweet tasting note that is unique to its kind. Also because of these insects, the only leaves that could be picked are the top-most one bud and two leaves, which, if processed into green tea, would have too high of a caffeine level; therefore, it is instead processed in the same way as red tea. The resulting product, however, is very much different from other typical red teas in the market. The tea liquid is bright red in color, and is encapsulated with natural, fruity aromas.
Steeping: 2 – 3 min
Water Temperature: 100 °C
Brewing Ratio: 5 grams for 500 ml water
A fresh new dimension of tea drinking with Tea101
Tea101 is born out of a family of Thai tea farmers’ strong determination to produce quality teas from purely Thai produces. All products are handmade by fellow Thai people, who aim to capture the hearts of Thai tea lovers—old and new.
Tea101 is experienced with years and years of oriental tea farming in Chiang Rai, Thailand. Traditions have been passed down from multiple generations of tea experts to ensure that Tea101, being the first to cultivate Oolong tea in the country, can bring out the most of this renowned oriental tea in our own Thai soil.
To please an ever-growing crowd of tea lovers with ever increasingly diverse preferences, Tea101 has worked hard to create a diverse line of quality tea products. Now we are able to cater to many tea drinking styles. Because of the healthy support we have seen over the years, we are able to live up to our original vision: “Good Tea never ceases to be better”
- 1st place Quality Oolong Tea Leaves No.12 and Oolong soft stem at World Tea Festival. (2004)
- Royal Cup Prize Quality Oolong Tea Leaves No.12 and Oolong soft stem at Tea Leaves and Greenery Fair Chiang Rai Province. (2001)
- 1st place Oolong No.12 and Oolong soft stem tea leaves products at Mae Fah Luang Tea Festival. (2000)
- 1st place Quality Oolong No.12 and Oolong soft stem at Mae Fah Luang Tea Festival. (1999)
- 2nd place Quality Oolong soft stem at Doi Mae Salong Tea Festival. (1998)