Oolong Tea No.12
By Tea 101
Oolong Tea No.12 or “Jin Xuan” (金萱) Oolong Tea is a tea varietal that has been endorsed by many to be grown in the Doi Mae Salong area. It is one of the few indegeneous species that have been with these mountains for a long long time, in addition to other Assam tea varietals, making it rather easy to flourish. After careful processing steps, Jin Xuan Oolong Tea will give a strong tastenote in the mouth and a sweet and soothing aftertaste. It has a light, flowery taste and is reminiscent of milk.. Smoothly yellow Jin Xuan tea liquor is filled with Catechin antioxidants and very little caffeine. It is great for drinking even at during the late hours.
Steeping: 2 – 3 min
Water Temperature: 90 – 97 °C
Brewing Ratio: 5 grams for 500 ml water
A fresh new dimension of tea drinking with Tea101
Tea101 is born out of a family of Thai tea farmers’ strong determination to produce quality teas from purely Thai produces. All products are handmade by fellow Thai people, who aim to capture the hearts of Thai tea lovers—old and new.
Tea101 is experienced with years and years of oriental tea farming in Chiang Rai, Thailand. Traditions have been passed down from multiple generations of tea experts to ensure that Tea101, being the first to cultivate Oolong tea in the country, can bring out the most of this renowned oriental tea in our own Thai soil.
To please an ever-growing crowd of tea lovers with ever increasingly diverse preferences, Tea101 has worked hard to create a diverse line of quality tea products. Now we are able to cater to many tea drinking styles. Because of the healthy support we have seen over the years, we are able to live up to our original vision: “Good Tea never ceases to be better”
- 1st place Quality Oolong Tea Leaves No.12 and Oolong soft stem at World Tea Festival. (2004)
- Royal Cup Prize Quality Oolong Tea Leaves No.12 and Oolong soft stem at Tea Leaves and Greenery Fair Chiang Rai Province. (2001)
- 1st place Oolong No.12 and Oolong soft stem tea leaves products at Mae Fah Luang Tea Festival. (2000)
- 1st place Quality Oolong No.12 and Oolong soft stem at Mae Fah Luang Tea Festival. (1999)
- 2nd place Quality Oolong soft stem at Doi Mae Salong Tea Festival. (1998)